9 Reasons I’m The Luckiest Mama Ever
1. Naftalie is really enjoying time to herself at the table doing “work”. The transition from small/child-sized table to big table has been a necessity because Bubbie likes to take everything on the table and throw it on the ground. (Think Lifetime movie scene when the scorned female lead slides contents of mantle across the room in a fit of rage.)
2. Thompson is just starting to take the time to look through books independently. Most of the time he takes them off the shelves or out of the baskets and leaves them in a pile for me to eventually re-shelve, but for me, as long as my kids are handling books I’m happy.
3. Can you tell that the theme here is that Thompson is an active, physical, and curious little boy?!
4. Babies are angels when they are sleeping. If I stop to watch them, I always walk away feeling deeply blessed and thanking God that I get to be their mama.
5. We spent 5 minutes mesmerized by the antics of this squirrel on the front porch several days ago. I was in the middle of changing T’s diaper and had to get my camera. This squirrel was a real ham.
6. After a higher than expected blood lead test result for Thompson, Daddy put up most of our toys (which pretty much all have trace amounts of lead). I felt sad and kind of lost because most of them we had just received for Christmas and still had the fun/new feel to them. In reality though, Naftalie and Thompson just want to be around me, regardless if there are toys in the baskets. While preparing dinner they ended up in a box and clothes hamper. Love.
7. We’ve been playing back in a small valley behind our yard for the past several days. The weather this winter season has been so mild, it’s hard to believe there is no snow on the ground. Although it was in the 20s, with the sun and dry ground we have had a great time exploring what is down there.
8. I’ve found myself sitting back and watching these two interact more and more as siblings. My hope and prayer is that they are best friends, because they are so close in age they will inevitably be connected. Naftalie surprises me with her patience when Thompson pulls her hair or disrupts something important to her. There will be a time before we know it when he will be protecting her.
9. Isn’t she beautiful? This girl. “My best girl”.